Summer is here and how sweet it is! Let’s kick this summer off right with a FREE Watermelon SVG. Today I’m also sharing a couple of quick-win easy summer projects too.
Something about Summer always reminds me of a few things and one of them is watermelon. I have such fond memories of my grandparents picking out a farm-fresh watermelon on the way to our house or ready for us when we arrived at their house. Lots of watermelons are grown in California; you never need to go far to pick one out.
If you need help picking out the best watermelon, screenshot this tip sheet for your next summer BBQ, Party, or a healthy snack.
To celebrate the summer season and fun outdoor BBQs, I thought it would be nice to share a few watermelon SVG designs for you to choose from.
Today I’ll be using several designs from my watermelon SVG Bundle for 2 easy projects.
WATERMELON SVG T-SHIRT USING HTVRONT GLITTER HTV
Table of Contents
The first project I will make is a T-shirt using some new Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl. I was excited to try out this company’s products and once I did; I really wanted to share my honest opinion in hopes it can help you decide if it’s worth putting on your list of favorite Glitter HTVS.
I know I’ve mentioned both in my Blog & YouTube Channel that I only share products I’ve tested and am happy with. I’d never recommend something I’d never use again.
I am incredibly pleased to announce I’m adding HTV Ront Glitter HTV to my list of amazing products I’m delighted with.
Why I like HTVRont Glitter HTV:
- Easy to cut with my Cricut (cuts like butter)
- Easy to weed (effortless weeding)
- Their Glitter HTV is strong with a pleasing, flexible feeling to touch
- Easy to use for multiple layers of Glitter in a design (quick heat set each layer with an easy-peel then final press)
- Stands up to multiple washes (I machine washed in cold water, inside out, tumble dry, or lay flat to dry)
- Applies easily to card stock even with multiple layers (3-5-sec heat set per layer using a Teflon sheet)
HOW TO GET FREE WATERMELON SVG
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE SWEET SUMMER WATERMELON SVG SHIRT
WATERMELON SVG TOPPERS
In my free Watermelon SVG bundle, there are multiple choices to use for any watermelon-themed party! I designed the files in layers to make them easier for you to choose and design easily. Yay!
I had some left-over Glitter HTV Vinyl scraps after making my t-shirt so I put them to good use by making some Watermelon Toppers or some may call them Hors D’oeuvre Picks.
I did not record a video of the process but it’s so easy to do!
- Upload my FREE Watermelon SVG Bundle
- Choose and size your choice of watermelon design and turn off all other layers
- If using Glitter HTV or any heat transfer vinyl be sure to mirror each mat.
- Tip: My Green layer is my base layer and I used #65 cardstock. The rest (silver, red, black, and dark green is Glitter HTV) was ironed onto the Green cardstock base piece.
- Decide if you want the same look on both sides (this is how I did mine today) or you can use cardstock for the back piece and keep it just cardstock or even put a solid color of HTV on it.
- Cut out pieces with your cutting machine and assemble.
- Place your desired pick in between the 2 watermelon shapes and glue. (I used a cordless glue gun)
- Show off your watermelon cuteness at your next party or picnic!
- Bonus Tip: This project would make adorable cupcake toppers too!
HOW TO APPLY HTV TO CARDSTOCK
I love using HTV (heat transfer vinyl) on card stock and especially on gift bags. Here is an example of how you can use HTV on Gift Bags & Halloween Cupcake Toppers. Scroll through my blog post to see pictures plus the SVG files are FREE! Yay!
The process to apply HTV to cardstock or a gift bag is a very simple process. You will be using a quick heat set process.
A quick heat set process is simply placing a single layer of glitter HTV onto your cardstock and only pressing for a few seconds, then lifting the carrier sheet and proceeding to the next layer piece.
An important reminder: You can and should not layer Glitter HTV on top of another Glitter HTV piece. If using Glitter HTV only, you would need to slice the layers apart or choose a file that is already prepared for separate layers such as my Watermelon SVG file. It is OK to layer glitter HTV on top of regular or non-specialty HTV.
Quick Heat Set Process for watermelon project. I used my mini heat press for these projects today.
- Place red glitter HTV on green cardstock and cover with a Teflon sheet and press 3-5 sec.
- Remove Teflon sheet and carrier sheet
- Place silver glitter HTV on green cardstock just below the red glitter piece. I like to cover the previous red piece with a spare piece of carrier sheet if possible or use your Teflon sheet again and press 3-5 sec.
- Remove Teflon sheet and carrier sheets
- Place the black glitter HTV of the seeds and the dark green HTV for the stripes at the same time on the green cardstock, just be sure to trim your carrier sheets so they fit nicely in one press. Cover with carrier sheet spare piece and/or Teflon sheet and press 3-5 sec, then remove carrier sheet and/or Teflon.
- The final step is to place a piece of Teflon sheet on top of the entire watermelon slice and press for another few seconds. This will help smooth any lines that may have appeared from the carrier sheet pieces being used for each layer.
That’s it, super simple. To sum it up without details:
Apply each glitter HTV layer covered with Teflon Sheets for 3-5 seconds. This is the Quick Set Method. The reason behind this is not to overheat each layer. You literally only need the glitter HTV to barely stick as each layer will be 3-5 more seconds of heat. By the time you are done, you maybe have a total of 15-20 sec of heat that has been applied.
If you’ve made layered HTV Vinyl T-Shirts, it’s a similar process of applying just enough heat to get each layer to stick, then the final press on a T-Shirt would be 15-30 seconds.
If this is your first time layering Glitter HTV on cardstock, I suggest you make one extra watermelon slice of materials to use as a practice run. This will set you up for success in your final project.
WATERMELON CUPCAKE TOPPER IDEA
So my final thoughts on adding a new Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) to my product list I love. I find myself to be quite picky with my materials since I’m looking for overall quality. This means it needs to not only look good completed but also be easy to use with lasting quality. I am so happy I tried their Glitter HTV. I am also a budget shopper and love to stock up during sales. HTVRont satisfies my desire for budget shopping needs. They run sales quite often and they have a rewards program as well. What’s not to love about that!
♥ ♥ ♥ If you found this post helpful or want to save it for later, please pin one of these below or both!
I appreciate your sharing and support♥
♥ Create with Love ♥