Looking for cute ideas for your Thanksgiving Table Decor? I’ve got the cutest Turkey SVG that can be used for Thanksgiving Place Cards or just about any Fall Home Decor Spot in your home. This Turkey SVG is so versatile it can also be used as an SVG for a cute T-Shirt using HTV!
THANKSGIVING PLACE CARD IDEAS
One of the things I love about crafting with SVG files is the versatility of what you can create from just one SVG file. It truly amazes me how one file can look so many different ways and often times so many different uses. Here are just a few ideas to spark that creativity that I know is inside of you.
- Use fabric in place of cardstock (Cricut Makers-rotary blade and Cricut Explores-bonded fabric or use this paper)
- Use faux leather
- Go with earth tone colors
- Choose colors to match your place settings
- Use metallic paper
- Use HTV
- Use spacers in between layers to create a 3-D look
- Use white and gold together (cardstock or glittered vinyl or HTV)
- Swap eyes for Googley Eyes
- Use white card stock and have your children color them
- Grab those turkey pieces and make a T-Shirt using HTV
- Don’t forget you can make them bigger or smaller! SVG’s are scaleable!
Can you see what I mean? I could go on and on. So many crafty ideas are just out there for the taking and making!
TURKEY SVG PLACE CARD HOLDER SUPPLIES
- Glue (more details on glue below, but I used this one for today’s project)
- Cutting machine to cut the Cardstock, I used this one today.
- Specialty Tools are a Nice Addition to this type of project! or these are helpful too!
- FREE Turkey SVG (just below)
TURKEY SVG (FREE)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TURKEY SVG FILE?
- 1 Turkey without a bow or hat
- Turkey feet
- Turkey with a bucket hat
- Turkey with a bow
- 2 Banner styles
- Box to put candy, or maybe mini pinecones in!
- 5 different phrases in a font written in a single line for your cutting machines
Don’t forget, you can use your cutting machine to write your guests’ names instead of what I included. You would just need to choose a writing font.
Here is a screenshot of the file from inside Adobe Illustrator:
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THANKSGIVING PLACE CARD HOLDERS
I thought about making an assembly video, but then thought it may lend itself to being a tad boring. Instead, I think the best piece of advice I can give is if you are using the SVG to make a Turkey and the Box then you will find it helpful to be viewing the design in your cutting machine software or take a picture of the file with your phone or tablet and then view the picture during assembly.
My favorite way is to use my iPad and open up Design Space and make sure my iPad’s settings for “display and brightness” is selected to “never” (so my screen does not turn dark). Use my fingers to really zoom in and have it right in front of me while gluing all the pieces together.
You can also choose to zoom in on these pictures below if it’s helpful for you while assembling. I took a separate picture of the boy and girl turkey.
FAVORITE PAPER CRAFTING GLUES
After crafting for many years, I’ve settled on some favorite glues I love for most crafts but especially for paper crafting. So if you are new to paper crafting, see if one of these lands is on your favorites list too!
- Art Glitter Glue Has been my go-to glue for years!
- Bearly Art Precision Glue Glue performs well even in cold climates & I’ve noticed less warped-looking projects.
- Beacon Advanced Craft Glue 3 in 1 Great for paper boxes, and 3-D paper crafting, and absolutely love it for Faux Leather!
Be sure with any glue not to use too much. I truly believe this is the most common reason for wrinkled or warped-looking projects.
If your glue doesn’t come with an applicator tip, I’d encourage you to get one. It helps so much laying down glue exactly where you want it, but also helps you not use too much.
MORE FREE FALL SVGS
Take a peek at what my Crafty Designer Friends are sharing with you below for FREE!
Crafting in the Rain Spice Girl
Pen + Posh Pumpkin Spice Season
The Crafty Blog Stalker Pumpkins Please
Creates with Love Turkey SVG
SprinkleDIY Fall Vibes
MORE FALL PROJECTS WITH SVGS
- Hello Fall on subway title
- Pumpkin Mandala
- Gerbera Flower SVG files
- Wood Art Signs
- Applying HTV to Painted Wood using Fall Shapes and Phrases
Be sure to Pin one of these pins below to save it for later!
Or you can pin both pins!
I appreciate your sharing and support ♥
Remember to Create with Love!
I look forward to all your comments!♥!