These adorable St. Patrick’s Day DIY Gnome Boxes are so EASY to make and even better, the SVG Files are FREE for personal use!
Today is also your lucky (no pun intended) day as I share not only my FREE SVG files but also a nice collection of more St. Patrick’s Day FREE SVGS from my Designer Friends! Yay for FREE SVGS! Be sure to scroll down so you don’t miss them.
Even a bigger surprise, we will be sharing more FREE SVGS every month this year so be sure to check back for those too! I’ll be sharing when these are released via email and/or Instagram and I might even post on my YouTube page so be sure to follow any of these mentioned to be notified ☺
How to make St. Patrick’s Day DIY Gnome Boxes
I was going to do my regular step-by-step tutorial for this St. Patrick’s Day DIY Gnome Box Craft project but realized it is so silly simple a step-by-step tutorial is simply not necessary.
- Cardstock – Multiple Green Shades
- Cardstock – Wide Range of Colors
- Permanent Bond Clear Glue
- Gold Coin Chocolate
I’ll outline a few steps to get you going if you are really new to crafting and I put together a quick video of how to put the St. Patrick’s DIY Gnome Box together.
VIDEO: St. Patrick’s Day DIY Gnome Box Assembly
1. Download FREE Gnome Box Files (SVG, PNG, DXF or EPS)
2. Upload Files into Cricut Design Space
Once uploaded onto your canvas, click on “UnGroup”.
3. Change Cut Lines on box to Score lines and Attach them to Box
- Find the Gnome Box in the layers panel on the right. Click on the file that shows the lines and not the box shape.
- Click on “Operation” and select “Score”.
3. Now we need to attach those score lines to the box so Cricut will know we want that box scored with those lines.
Simply hold down your shift key and select the “Score” layer and the “Basic Cut” layer then click on “Attach” at the bottom of your layers panel. Super Easy!
4. Turn off or Duplicate any layers you want to cut more of or don’t want to cut
Now comes the fun part of deciding how you want to personalize your St. Patrick’s DIY Gnome Boxes.
Let the fun begin!
Duplicate: Select item on canvas OR layers panel that you want another of then click on “Duplicate” at top of the layers panel.
Turn off or on Layers: Select an item on canvas OR the layers panel and click on the “eye” icon to turn layers off OR on.
Ideas for St. Patrick’s Day DIY Gnome Boxes
- Use different cardstocks that have texure such as glitter or shamrock prints
- Use your cuddle bug to create textures
- Use felt instead of cardstock
- Use fabric!
- Fill with a bag of jelly beans
- Fill with M&Ms
- Fill with Stickers
- Insert a gift certificate
- Don’t fill with anything and simply use as the stand!
- Keep the pyrimid box on hand to create other seasonal craft projects (so many ideas, so little time)
More St. Patrick’s Day FREE SVG Files
Be sure to check out what these talented designers are sharing this month for FREE!
All the FREE Cut Files can be found below:
Pen and Posh Shamrock Earrings
Designs By Hope Yoder Kiss Me Irish
We Can Make That Free Shamrock SVG
The Crafty Blog Stalker Shamrock SVG
Creates with Love St. Patricks Gnome Box
Crafting in the Rain So Lucky
If you know someone who loves Beer on St. Patrick’s Day here is a fun card or home decor you can make for them!
Please always feel free to ask any questions or even leave a helpful tip I may have forgotten or did not think to include in this post! You can leave a comment or question below or on my YouTube channel.
Let’s all help each other and “create with love”.
♥♥♥ If you found this post or video helpful or want to save it for later, please pin one of these below or both!
Share the love ♥♥♥
I appreciate your sharing and support ♥
♥ Create with Love ♥