A Greenery Wreath is a wonderful foundation for home decor. It can hold it’s own or be the backbone of something amazing. I want to show you just how simple it is to hang a greenery wreath knowing the foundation of the seasons to come will vary with its beauty.
First please allow me to share a cute story with you so you can get to know me a bit better. It’s quick I promise 😊
Ok, so I’ve been crafting since I was a little girl (thanks again Mom!) Yes my parents gifted me my creative genes. My brother and I were brought up to be not only creative but DIYers.
Think about this for a moment, this was before Google and YouTube! If we wanted to fix something we had to either ask someone for advice or look up the info from a book or encyclopedia and the library. 😄
Back in the day…
Over the years I’ve learned that being creative and a DIYer is extremely resourceful, not only in your niche but really in every aspect of life.
One of my favorite memory’s growing up was shortly after I purchased my first car. My Dad took me outside and said well let’s go and change out your tire so you’ll know how to do it if you ever get stranded with a flat tire.
I probably had a look on my face like what?!?
But guess what I actually loved doing it, I loved learning it, it made me feel more confident!
And guess what? I have had to change a tire 2 different times for myself and one time for a co-worker who was about to call her Dad to come help…I was like what!?!
Girl, it’s time you learn how to do this yourself and we did. Guys in the parking lot would offer to help as they walked by and we were like nope, we got this! Thanks, Dad ♥
OK, Back to the simple wreath! 👌
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! You can find my full disclosure policy.
How to make the greenery wreath
My main idea with this whole Spring Mantle Project was to have a few pieces that I could interchange throughout the year.
I really wanted an arch that could hold a base wreath but be able to change the details of the wreath as the year plugs along. The arch is actually tied to a hook behind it into the Rocks, just so it won’t accidentally slide or fall.
The greenery wreath was on sale at Hobby Lobby. The details to assemble the rest of the wreath are below…
Assemble the greenery wreath
- Plop wreath on the table and adjust any greenery stems if needed
- Cut lavender stems at approx 5-6″ (from 1 bunch of lavender)
- I saved 13 pieces of lavender for the birdcage part of the project
- Stick them facing mainly one direction all around the wreath. Due to the thickness of wreath, I did not need to wire or glue the lavender in!
- Cut ribbon long enough to loop around the arch and wreath
- Fold the ribbon approx 1/2 ” several times to add thickness on both ends of the ribbon
- Use a glue gun to glue the two pieces together
- Bam! Done Easy Peasy!
My plan for the rest of the year for the wreath
During the year I can use different types of flowers, some home made flowers or succulents. Pretty much anything I want. Or even leave it as a simple greenery wreath.
Links to the rest of the Spring Mantle Project
- Spring and Easter Mantle Bunnies that spin!!
- Bird Cage and Moss with Glitter Eggs
- Hand Painted and Mod Podge Bird Houses
- Spring Banner with free Cricut SVG file!
- Distressed Spring Mantle and Candle Holders
♥♥♥ If you found this video or post helpful, or want to save it for later, please share the love ♥♥♥
I appreciate your support! ♥
♥ Create with Love ♥
I look forward to all your comments!♥!