Time to revamp our mantle for Spring/Easter time. I love to stick to a budget when it comes to crafting. I have been wanting an Arch to be able to hang a wreath from and I found one I loved at Hobby Lobby in the unfinished wood section @ 40% off. Whoop Whoop! Saved! It just needed some sanding and distress chalk paint love….and more sanding!
Found bare wood candle holders too!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! You can find my full disclosure policy.
Now there was a win win. I had a different shape in mind but since these bad boys were 40% off I can hold tight for a possible thrift store find to revamp. Some more sanding and the same chalk paint will be used for all 3 pieces…
The candle holders were a breeze…
They did not require much sanding at all, then the Charcoal chalk paint went on effortlessly with a paint brush, once dried, added Linen chalk paint. Waited a few hours then lightly sanded with 180 – 220 Grit sand paper and walla Done!
The outcome is exactly what I was yearning for and at a fraction of the cost of buying new at well almost anywhere! I chose a color combo we are likely to use but I can at any time re-paint them if desired. In fact the Arch and Candle Holders were painted and distressed in the same manner and product. It just took longer due to the arches many joints and holes.
Links to the rest of the Spring Easter Mantle Project
- Spring and Easter Mantle Bunnies that spin!!: https://createswithlove.com/?p=2064&preview=true&_thumbnail_id=2066
- Greenery Wreath with Lavender Flowers: https://createswithlove.com/?p=2102&preview=true
- Bird Cage and Moss with Glitter Eggs: https://createswithlove.com/?p=2104&preview=true
- Hand Painted and Mod Podge Bird Houses: https://createswithlove.com/?p=2106&preview=true
- Spring Banner with free Cricut SVG file!:
And the finished Products to add to the Spring Mantle
Please share or pin to save project for later ♥ Sharing is caring!